Minoru Truck Bodies sells liftgates in flip-away or rail-gate models, or medium or heavy duty to accommodate your holding weight needs. Not only are they easy to install, they are easy to operate, maintain, and store too! Ask about our new stock gate options, too!
Let Minoru Truck Bodies help you select the right liftgate for your application. Here are some important considerations in choosing the proper liftgate:
1. What is the floor-to-ground measurement of the vehicle?
2. Are doors roll-up or swing-type? (Some door hardware may interfere with some liftgate models.)
3. What is the cargo?
4. How large is the cargo? (This will help determine platform size.)
5. How much does the cargo weigh? (This will help determine the proper capacity.)
6. Is a load retention system needed? (Bulky, wheeled or hard-to-handle cargo may require a retention
7. What material handling devices will be used while loading/unloading?
8. Are there any dock loading/unloading requirements?
9. How often will the unit be used?
10. Will special conditions like environment necessitate special equipment?
11. What will be the source of your liftgate’s power?
12. What is the overall body width (OAW)?
A vital part of transporting goods is getting them on and off the truck. However, driver shortages, driver retention and dock accessibility can all complicate delivery systems. A surprisingly diverse range of businesses have found an affordable, efficient solution in liftgates.
How do you know whether your operation would benefit from liftgates? And if so, how do you select a liftgate?
The following guidelines can help you assess what value a liftgate can add to your operation, by evaluating factors in delivery conditions and establishing liftgate selection criteria.
Factors in delivery conditions:
By design, liftgates excel at loading from ground to truck, or unloading from truck to ground. The more pickups or deliveries made away from a dock, the more likely the need for liftgates.
Liftgates can also:
Liftgate selection guidelines:
Once you’ve determined that your operation is a suitable candidate to benefit from liftgates, you need to establish your selection criteria.(1)
A taskforce within S.7 Trailers & Bodies Study Group of The Maintenance Council (TMC), American Trucking Associations, worked on developing recommended practices (RP) for spec’ing liftgates.(2)
Key elements of TMC RP 727 include:
Some other considerations when choosing a liftgate and liftgate manufacturer include:
For more information, please call us.